Some property owners wait until mosquitoes inundate the property and swarm. Be proactive and don’t wait until you are overwhelmed to begin the mosquito control process. The mosquito breeding cycle time shortens as weather gets warmer.
1. TIP: Tip over items in your yard to reduce standing water and help eliminate mosquito breeding areas. Such as sandboxes, toys, and wagons. Also, planting saucers and dog bowls. Other hot spots include gutters and flat roofs
2. TOSS: Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and clippings from yard ad these areas are ripe for mosquito breeding
3. TURN: Turn over large yard items that could hold water like children’s protable sandboxes or plastic toys
4. TARPS/REMOVE: If tarps stretced over firewood piles, boats, or sports equipment aren’t taught, they’re holding water. Remove them or keep them pulled tight.
5. TREAT: Utilize Mosquito Squad’s Barrier Spray protection program around the home and yard. Using a barrier treatment reduces the need for spraying DEET containing bug spray on your children. We can eliminate up to 90% of the mosquitos on a property.
In order to ensure your yard doesn’t become a mosquito breeding ground once warmer weather has arrived, it’s extremely important to remain vigilant in removing standing water from your yard. To find out why Mosquito Squad of Columbia is one of the most trusted names in Columbia, SC mosquito control, call us today at (706) 350.6179, email us at [email protected] or fill out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you soon!